120. 5 Tips to Create a Successful Startup
120. In this episode of the 5 Core Life, Will Moore shares his top 5 tips to create a successful startup.
WHAT’S YOUR CORE SCORE? Take the FREE Life Evaluator Quiz to see where you currently stand in your five cores: https://www.mooremomentum.com/free-li… Like and Subscribe!
This 5 Core Friday episode is a short value-packed episode that originally aired on Will Moore’s YouTube Page.
Are you ready to fire on all cylinders? If so, let’s go!
1) Persistence. Having an unshakable belief in yourself and the business you’re launching can only fail if you give up. If you don’t believe in you and what you’re creating, you’re dead in the water.
2) Passion. KNOWING your idea is a home run that plays into your strengths and what you love. This will give you the ability to have that persistence because in the back of your mind you know it’s only a matter of time.
3) Don’t follow the herd. I often talk about people in terms of 5 vs 95%ers. 95% of people aren’t living their best lives and don’t understand what it takes to do so. It works the same in business, where if you’re just following someone else’s model, trying to ride their coattails, you’ll at best be a mediocre version of what they are. You have to break the mold and do something completely different that others either haven’t thought about or been too afraid to do on their own. If I had a dollar for every person that said “oh, I had that idea” when we started Doorstep Delivery, I’d be a millionaire. Oh wait, I am because I DID start it.
4) Goals. I can’t believe that there isn’t main curriculum in the public school system that starts teaching goals early on and has people mastering them by the end of high school. They’re everything. Without them you’re a ship without a rudder wandering aimlessly, getting pulled in every direction by the next shiny thing jiggling itself in front of you. They keep you focused on the endpoint, and allow you to embrace failure and pivot to stay on track.
5) Team. Ever since reading a book called “The Energy Bus” years ago, my motto has always been “do what it takes to get the right people on the bus, and get the wrong people off immediately.” Hiring is simply part of the job, not a nuisance you have to do when someone has been bringing down your company for an extended period of time. Give them deliverables you can easily track, and if they’re consistently not performing, time to hire someone new. Don’t get caught up in sob stories and keep them on longer than you need to, you’re only creating your own sob story.
MORE ABOUT 5 CORE LIFE & WILL MOORE:
My #1 mission in life is to help you become the best version of YOURself so you can, in turn, pay it forward to make the world the best version of ITself.
Follow on Instagram. https://instagram.com/willmooremomentum
JOIN MY FACEBOOK GROUP: 5 Core Life: Become an Entrepreneur in the Five Crucial Areas of Your Life ⬇️ https://www.facebook.com/groups/buildamilliondollarbiz/
SIGN UP FOR OUR WEEKLY BLOG AS WELL! www.mooremomentum.com/blog
Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/5corelife/message